Thank you for visiting my portfolio. Here you’ll find my published work throughout the course of my college career, as well as my work experience. Connect with me on LinkedIn! More coming soon!
Corporate/Tech PR Intern, Golin Harris
- Pitch educational and technology products to bloggers and consumer lifestyle media, and
secure placements on top mommy blogger and lifestyle sites such as JustLuxe, StyleCaster, Mom
Blog Society and Mom Does Reviews.
- Create press releases (e.g. Wetzel’s Pretzels National Pretzel Day and new tech products).
- Create media briefing sheets and schedules for HTC America’s executives and media tours.
- Generate HTC America’s product announcement coverage recap reports and analysis.
- Develop media alert and pitches for the University of Redlands media event to Southern
California media including newspapers, broadcast stations and news wires.
- Prepare and send shipments of technology and educational products to top consumer and
tech media for product placement.
- Build and update clients’ media databases and contacts with Cision.
- Research and track client media coverage, provide media opportunity recommendations,
and research potential awards for client products.
- General office administration tasks.
- Assist with daily media relations projects for clients such as HTC America, IOGEAR,
ABCMouse.com, University of Redlands, Rotary, Wetzel’s Pretzels and Las Vegas Sands.
Marketing Assistant, Chemical Data Management Systems
- Created marketing materials such as postcards and quarterly newsletters.
- Developed marketing newsletter campaigns with MailChimp highlighting company services and sent campaigns to prospective clientele. Monitored results from campaigns.
- Assisted with territorial sales research for prospective clients and updated sales database with FileMaker Pro.
- Social Media research and admin. duties such as creating media alert tracking sheets.
Account Coordinator, Luxury Brand Group
- Wrote, copyedited and pitched targeted pitches to consumer print and online magazines, fashion blogs and news sites, regional media, trade, bloggers, etc.
- Coordinated press requests and secured placements on fashion websites, regional publications and blogger gifting opportunities such as: Maui News Now; The Maui News; Hawaii Luxury Print & Online; Pacific Weddings Online; Hawaii Bride & Groom Travel/Honeymoon; Waikiki Magazine Print; Honolulu Magazine Print and Online (Lei Chic); Honolulu Shops Print; Hawaii Red; Maui No Ka Io Calendar; Star Advertiser; Mauivents; MauiTime Magazine; Carmel City Magazine Online; B-Metro Magazine Social Media; Tomboy KC Holiday Gift Guide; Bloggers: M Loves M, Haute Pink Pretty, Everything Hauler and VIVALUXURY.
- Wrote and copyedited press materials including press releases, biographies, editorial/social media calendars, pitches, social media posts and marketing e-blasts with MailChimp.
- Wrote and copyedited press materials including press releases, editorial/social media calendars, pitches, social media posts and marketing e-blasts with MailChimp.
- Designed illustrative press placement layouts with Photoshop that were posted on client’s and company’s websites and social media platforms.
- Created lifestyle posts for clients’ social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Tracked press coverage, created PowerPoint presentations and marketing e-blast pitches.
- Database management and updates including building media lists, and ongoing social media research and development.
- Assisted as a travel liaison. Communicated with jewelry buyers, retailers and prospective attendees. Assisted with the creation of the company’s new website with Squarespace.
- Coordination and placement of Tiffany Chou’s swimwear and jewelry in Honolulu’s first-ever Fashion Week.
- Assisted in various administrative duties and other daily public relations and social media projects, such as creating expense reports, answering phones, etc.
Sample Social Media posts created for client (below):
Click here for just a sample of the many press page layouts I created in Adobe Photoshop for each client and their social media platforms.
Social Media Editor & Contributing Writer, Cal State Long Beach’s, DIG Magazine
- Managed and created content from June 2013-December 2014 for the monthly publication’s Social Media pages, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Generated exposure, interacted with fans and increased followers.